The Business Service Unit (BSU) now Business Education, Services & Training (BEST) Unit of the Chamber was set up in 1996 with the aid of the German Agency for Technical Cooperation (GTZ) under the Small and Medium Enterprises Project. The Unit was set up to promote and develop Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in Nigeria, through the provision of diverse Business Development Services, thus making them competitive both locally and internationally.
The Unit renders the following Business Development Services:
1. Consulting and Counseling
The ‘BEST’ Unit renders different Consulting and Counseling services to members and non-members of the Lagos Chamber of Commerce & Industry. These services include:
- Business counseling and professional advice.
- Production of research & development reports such as Market research reports, Product development reports etc.
- Development of process documents e.g. Budgets, Feasibility study report, Business Plans and Surveys.
- Development of specialized documents e.g. Production plan, Marketing Plan, Personnel plan and Financial plan.
- Provision of specialist skills and experts’ intervention.
- Problem diagnosis and Organizational Development.
- Planning and Management of Change.
- Human resource management and personnel recruitment (local and international).
- Cluster Formation, Building and Nurturing.
- Management and organizational Planning.
- Due- Diligence.
- General and specialized Business Clinic.
2. Business Education and Training Services
Our trainings are multifaceted. They comprise of:
- Management Development Series
- Business Opportunity Seminar Series for SMEs
- SME Training programs
- Digital Inclusion program
- Executive Training Overseas
- Web based and Computer based training
- Competency Based Economies through Formation of Enterprises/Entrepreneurs (CEFE) – a training methodology introduced by the German Agency for Technical Cooperation (GTZ).
3. Information Services
Information Services rendered include:
- Local and International Business Contacts and linkages
- Information on members of the LCCI.
- Information on import / export opportunities for a wide range of products.
- Information on International Trade Fairs worldwide.
- Contact addresses of suppliers and importers of goods and services.
- Participation in International Trade Fairs (International Business Contacts).
- Library and basic business information services
- Browsing / Internet services
- Networking and relationship management
- Business services information regarding import / export, taxation matters, prohibited goods, etc
- Printing / Photocopying / Computer services
4. Conferences & Workshops
The ‘BEST’ organizes Seminars, Conferences and Workshops to address different topical issues. Such events include:
- Deriving maximum benefits from the Lagos International Trade Fair
- Information seminars by government agencies
- Annual Managers’ Forum
- Entrepreneurial Enterprise lecture series
- Hope Seminars for the unemployed
5. Special programs
Special programs on course at the ‘BEST’ include:
- Certificate / Diploma programs in collaboration with recognized institutions in Nigeria and abroad.
- Mentoring project
- Incubator project
2015 LCCI’S OVERSEAS TRAININGS
The Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry is pleased to invite you and senior members of your staff to join the LCCI team on the 2015 overseas trainings holding as scheduled hereunder.
|SN||Program||Collaborating University||Training Date||Register before||Fees|
|1||Transformational Leadership, Ethics and Conflict Resolution||SENECA College, Toronto, Canada||May 11 – 15||April 2||$6,500|
|2||Strategic Development, Management and Leadership||SENECA College, Toronto, Canada||Sept 7 – 11||July 24||$6,500|
|3||Advanced Management and Strategic Planning||SENECA College, Toronto, Canada||Nov 16 – 20||Sept 30||$6,500|
|4||Advanced Leadership Training on Budgeting and Financial Systems||American University, Sharjah, UAE||June 8 – 12||April 30||$6,000|
|5||Strategic Development, Management and Leadership||American University, Sharjah, UAE||Oct 26 – 30||Sept 15||$6,000|
|6||Strategic Change Management||Robert Morris University, Pennsylvania, USA||Oct 12 – 16||August 30||$6,500|
The Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI) established in 1888, is the Premier Chamber of Commerce in West Africa. The Chamber’s primary objective, as a leading private sector organization, is to promote and protect the interests of the business community at large through public policy advocacy, creation and facilitation of commercial and industrial opportunities, provision of business development service and observance of the highest standard of business ethics. It also represents the opinion of the business community on all matters, which impact on the investment environment and the economy as a whole. In line with this objective, the Lagos Chamber organises training programs overseas so as to further assist the development of the business community through World Class trainings.
The training fee payable will cover VISA processing, accommodation, feeding, course materials, bags, folders, tour and the certificate from the university. Participants are expected to travel with their preferred airline and pay for their flights. Lodging information will be sent as soon as registration is completed. Kindly pay into the Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry’s first Bank Dollar Account number 2003-4600-78, SORT CODE 0111-52-303. The class size for each of the programmes will be a maximum of 30.
We look forward to having your nominees on these overseas training programs.